Completely updated, this practical guide is filled with information, tips, checklists, resources, diagrams, and illustrations to help young people learn to control their asthma, gain self-confidence, and live their lives to the fullest.
Breathe Easy explains:
- How to recognize situations that trigger asthma attacks
- Early warning signs of an attack, and what to do about them
- Asthma medicines and how they work
- What happens in the respiratory system during an attack
- Relaxation of body, mind, and breathing to help control asthma
- Communicating with your doctor
- Where to find additional help and ideas
Jonathan H. Weiss, PhD, is former Director of Behavior Science, Children's Asthma Research Institute, National Asthma Center, and is currently Clinical Associate Professor and Associate Attending Psychologist, Cornell Medical Center, New York. He is consultant to the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute and the author of the asthma guide Super Stuff.
1 soft covered book, 80 pages.