Customized Daily Dose Convenience Packaging
What is Daily Dose Packaging?
If you have several prescriptions, instead of handing you a bag full of several bottles of pills for you to sort out on your own, Living Room Pharmacy can organize your meds into weekly convenience packaging. These "bubble" cards are also known as "blister packs," and you have probably already seen some medications conveniently pre-packaged into miniature bubble cards. (Allergy meds and birth control pills are common examples).
In the convenient Living Room Daily Dose Package, you will find 4 bubbles, or compartments, for every day of the week. Each bubble is labelled for breakfast, lunch, dinner and bed time, so the pills you need to take at each meal are organized and ready for you in each corresponding bubble. These compartments can be big or small, depending on the size of your pills and capsules. Depending when the tablets need to be taken, some bubbles can be left empty, some can be full.
Your pharmacist has carefully double-checked the dosages and times of every pill, capsule and tablet in your Daily Dose Convenience Package.
Why Daily Dose Packaging?
If you (or someone you care for) are taking several medications a day, you should seriously consider having the meds packaged into Daily Doses. There are lots of good reasons for this:
- CONVENIENCE - No more fiddling with separating and counting pills. This leaves you more time for other activities.
- SAFETY - It is really easy to lose track or count of pills, especially when you take them every day or several times a day. Mistakes happen, and that can lead to discomfort or unfortunate drug interactions.
- INDEPENDENCE - People who are able to reliably, consistently, and safely control when they take each pill, can considerably lengthen the time that they can live independently in their own home. Did you know that one of the main reasons that people over the age of 65 are admitted to emergency wards is because of medication mix-ups?
- CAREGIVERS - If you have someone else give you your pills, it is easier for them to administer your medicines with accuracy when you have them organized in Daily Dose Packaging.
- CLARITY - The Daily Dose package is easy to take to your doctor appointments. Showing your latest package helps your physician(s) keep track of all your different prescriptions, vitamins and minerals, and it makes it easier for you both to discuss them.
- TRAVEL - It is easier to bring all your meds organized into a bubble pack than in several bottles rattling around the bottom of your toilet kit or purse.
If you think that you, or someone you care about, could benefit from daily dose convenient packaging, contact us. We'll be happy to help you learn more.